Visual indicator of something that is ongoing.
- Copy for progress bars can be multiple and incremental (e.g. for HSA: Spent to Date, Remaining) or overarching (e.g. $25 left until you reach your deductible)
- Generally, tend toward a single overarching value for clarity and shorter character counts
- Use Title Case for short labels (~1 – 3 words) and Sentence case for longer labels written like sentences
- Progress Bars communicate the progress made in completing a process in a percentage
- Visible for low vision users with sufficient contrast against the background
Screen reader expectations
- Announce percentage of completion. Ex. “50% completed”